For supper she wanted one of her favorite meals so we had chicken, mashed potatoes, corn and peas. Then we enjoyed a delicious ice cream cake. Nana and Papa R. stopped by to give the rest of their gifts. She loved the American Girl outfit they gave for her doll who is on her third and maybe final name... Joy. The other gifts they gave were great too. Since our gift to her was her American Girl doll we just gave her a few small things today. The hair kit for her doll was a big hit as was her Groovy Girl pony. Even Ava got in on the action and gave her big sister a matching Bitty Baby sleeper so their baby dolls can wear the same thing. Hannah was so appreciative of everything. Tomorrow will be a fun day when we get to play with everything.
On a day like today I can't help but think about Hannah's birth parents. I wish there was some way to let them know she's doing well...that she's healthy, full of energy, beautiful, caring, strong-willed, curious, funny, thoughtful, expressive, stubborn, smart, dramatic, artistic and a child of God. Above all I wish I could thank them for bringing Hannah into this world even though they knew they would not be able to raise her as their child. I will be forever grateful to them. My heart is also filled with immense gratitude to God for choosing me to be Hannah's mom. Happy birthday to my precious big 5 year old. I love you, Hannah! xoxoxo






No comments:
Post a Comment