Monday, March 31, 2008

Celebrating Easter

We love Easter! We do all kinds of things to helps us celebrate the awesome resurrection of Jesus. One of our favorites is doing the "Resurrection Eggs." We've been doing this with Hannah since she was two. Now that's she's five she really gets what it's all about, which has sparked so many wonderful conversations. Truly moments to treasure. I can't wait for Ava to be able to share in this tradition. This year she was more into the eggs than the Easter symbols inside them. Someday she too will grow to understand the incredible meaning of Easter.

We also enjoy making Resurrection rolls. Doug's sister gave us the recipe a few years ago so now we do that every year. They're super yummy and a symbolic reminder of what Easter's all about. Decorating Easter eggs is also a must-do tradition. It's something I've been doing since I was a child. This year, our friends Trish and Lia joined in on the fun. Afterwards, the girls had a mini Easter egg hunt. We also had a big Easter egg hunt at my parents' condo on Easter, after a delicious meal. Most of my family was there (we missed you, Dan, Angela and Andrew), including Mark's girlfriend and her daughter, Ajla (I-la). Ajla is almost the same age as Ava so it was so fun to watch the two of them in action. During the egg hunt Ajla really got into finding the eggs while Ava was more interested in the candy inside the egg. :-) Hannah of course had a blast finding all of the eggs the little ones missed.

We have always done an Easter basket for Hannah so it was fun to share that with Ava too. This year I gave clues and Hannah (and Doug) had to figure them out in order to find the Easter baskets. Ava just kind of went along for the ride, as Hannah helped her find her basket. :-) I always try to put practical things in it for spring or summer like sunglasses, pj's, beach toys, etc. This year Hannah was delighted to get (fake) birthstone jewelry. That was pure icing on the cake for her!

We hope you were also able to experience the wonderful blessings of Easter!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the MP3 e MP4, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mp3-mp4-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.