This spring, Hannah has really gotten into planting seeds and flowers. I had gotten these little growing kits at the Target $1 spot that Hannah was eager to do. One afternoon while Ava was napping we gave them a try. We had a great time. In the little pots, Hannah planted zinnias, marigolds and sunflowers. We also planted some in bigger pots. Each day we watered them and watched for signs of growth. The first time we spotted little green sprouts I think I was as excited as Hannah was. Each day feels like an adventure as we look for more plants popping through the soil. Ava tries to get involved too by sticking her hands in the pots. :-)
Hannah's preschool has also gotten the planting bug. They have filled lots of pots with flowers, veggie plants, herbs and fruit plants. Hannah enjoyed picking out different kinds of flowers, etc. to bring in for her preschool friends to help plant.
It has been so fun seeing Hannah develop a "green thumb." Her great-grandpa who was a farmer would be so proud. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment