Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Take Me Out to the Ball Game!

Our little girl is growing up so fast. Years ago when I taught at Millbrook, I remember seeing young kids playing t-ball and thinking how fun it would be when my own children could play. Keep in mind I loved playing t-ball and softball when I was growing up so I just figured my kids would one day play too. :-) This year Hannah was old enough to give it a try. Millbrook still has their awesome t-ball program so I happily signed Hannah up.

It was a good experience overall, but Hannah discovered that it can be a bit boring just standing in a field. Fortunately, there were friends to chat with, dandelions to pick, and interesting patterns to be made using her soccer cleats. :-) She also loved when it was her team's turn to bat. On the last evening she told us she was ready to be done with t-ball, but after she received her medal she was singing a different tune. She came running up to me and said, "Mom, I can't wait to play t-ball again next year so I can get another medal!" Wow...is she growing up fast!









No comments: