Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

We love celebrating Easter! The fun family traditions, the symbols of new life, the beautiful hymns and Easter songs, and the hope and promise that comes through Christ's Resurrection...we love everything about it!

I usually savor standing in church on Easter and singing favorite hymns like "Christ the Lord is Risen Today" and "I Serve A Risen Savior," but this year I was on nursery duty. I escaped once to listen to one verse of "Christ the Lord is Risen Today." It was all I needed...the song continued to run through my mind during the rest of the day. Throw in Keith Green's "Easter Song" (one of my favorites) and I was all set...or at least that's what I told myself to feel better about being in nursery taking care of crying children while others were triumphantly singing together and listening to the beautiful Easter message. Fortunately, I know the songs and message by heart and could celebrate that with my own children and husband at home through our many traditions. Having said that, I sure hope I don't end up in the nursery again next year on Easter. :-)

We went to a special Easter celebration at a nearby church. In addition to an egg hunt and other fun activities, they shared the Easter message through a "Journey to Jesus." It was so moving to walk through and reflect on the journey that brought Jesus to the cross. When we arrived at the empty tomb, I had tears of joy in my eyes as the angel greeted us and joyfully proclaimed, "He is Risen!" We happily responded with "He is Risen indeed!!!" We are hoping this church will continue to do this every year...it helped get our hearts ready for Easter.

Ava really got into hunting for eggs this year. She had a blast!

Running to find more eggs

Hannah's friend Chloe joined us too

Searching for their Easter baskets



Our beautiful little ladies all decked out for Easter

What a sweet picture of Doug with his girls

Snuggling with my girls

Ajla and Ava

Hunting for eggs at Nana and Papa's house


Ajla, Taylor, Hannah and Ava....wishing Andrew could be with us too!

No comments: