Wednesday, July 6, 2011

What a Day!

This past Saturday was a fabulously fun day spent with family and friends (here I go again with alliteration...I can't help myself). First we went to a nearby park with my brother Mark and his family. It was so hot that we spent lots of time in the water and playing at the splash pad. This was Alissa's first trip to the beach so we loved watching her reactions to everything...the sand, water, and splash pad. She literally ate up the sand and water. :-)





In the evening we celebrated my life-long friend Dana's 40th birthday. Yes, Dana, I am so glad you finally caught up to me! :-) Her hubby and a friend planned a special party that included an awesome taco bar, a beautiful cake, swimming, outdoor activites - even a pinata for the kids (wish I knew how to get the squiggle mark above the n), and a campfire. Our girls had so much fun! I did too! I surprised Dana with a trash can (don't ask) filled with 40 items symbolizing memories from our 35 years of friendship. Dana and I met in kindergarten. She taught me how to tie my shoe laces (thus, the shoe laces in the picture below) and I taught her how to color using my magic crayons. We were meant to be friends forever! Love ya, Dane!




No comments: