We also try to do something special that Hannah chooses, now that she's older. Last year we went to the circus. This year was a little different because Doug couldn't take time off since we were just in China. We let Hannah pick a restaurant, so tonight we ventured to one of her favorites... Applebees. Even though it didn't compare to the circus she loved it. Her favorite part, of course, was the chocolate mousse she had for dessert. One last tradition we do is the blessing candle. At one of our baby showers for Hannah a dear friend created a blessing candle basket for our family and friends to write blessings or prayers for Hannah's future birthdays and Gotcha Days. Each year on Hannah's Gotcha Day and birthday we find the rolled up paper for that year, light the candle and then read the blessing. It is such a beautiful tradition and one that we all love doing. This year's blessing was from Hannah's Grandma B.
When Hannah was ready for bed, I read two of our favorite adoption stories - I Love You Like Crazycakes and My Family is Forever. Then she wanted to snuggle. Before long she was off to dreamland and I lay there wondering what happened to my little baby girl (who will soon be turning 5). I am so thankful for God's precious gift of Hannah to our family and I will be forever grateful to her birthparents for giving her the gift of life.





2 comments:
Looks like you had fun celebrating your special day Hannah! You are one amazing little girl!
Makes me a little teary to see your referral pics of Hannah and to remember that special day! So glad to have Hannah as Lia's best friend.
Trish
Post a Comment