Often I'm too busy to chronicle daily events on our blog...I can barely keep up with the big events. But I just have to share the following about my girls (if they ever read this someday, I'm sure I'll hear about it).
Lately, Ava has been having an aversion to keeping her clothes on. She takes great delight in stripping off her clothes, running around and saying "naked, naked," which comes out sounding more like "ding ding, ding ding." And then she just giggles and giggles. It started out as a random occurence - like when she got too hot, but for the past week it has been happening all the time...she just can't keep her clothes on (despite the freezing temperatures outside). I've given up worrying that she'll get cold and figure this is just a temporary phase (I hope!). Despite being naked she still loves wearing her boots or Hannah's shoes around the house - quite the fashion statement.
Lately, Ava has been having an aversion to keeping her clothes on. She takes great delight in stripping off her clothes, running around and saying "naked, naked," which comes out sounding more like "ding ding, ding ding." And then she just giggles and giggles. It started out as a random occurence - like when she got too hot, but for the past week it has been happening all the time...she just can't keep her clothes on (despite the freezing temperatures outside). I've given up worrying that she'll get cold and figure this is just a temporary phase (I hope!). Despite being naked she still loves wearing her boots or Hannah's shoes around the house - quite the fashion statement.
Little Miss Ding Ding

Now, a bit about Little Miss Independent. Usually, I am quite thrilled that Hannah is such an independent girl (on her terms). On the other hand, I feel like she is growing up too quickly - can't believe she is already 6! Case in point is this quote from the other day. This is what Doug and I heard while getting dinner ready...
"I can't wait to get bigger so I can live on my own." This prompted a discussion about why she was ready to live on her own and what that would mean. After a while she said, "Well, maybe Ava could live with me, but no parents because you're too bossy!" Mind you, poor Ava probably wouldn't want to live with Hannah since she bosses her around too much. :-) Doug and I had quite a chuckle...and Hannah still had to set the table because her bossy parents said so!
Little Miss Independent

1 comment:
Ava sounds like Jane. She loves to strip down to her underwear. I too, stopped worrying about her being cold. Everyday she comes home from school and takes all her clothes off and is that way until she gets her pj's on. A lot of times she will take her pj's off during the night. The only time we insist that she keeps her clothes on is when the boys have their friends over, which is often and that really ticks Jane off.
Jodi
Post a Comment