Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Chinese New Year

Our family once again had fun celebrating the Chinese New Year together. This year the CNY began on my birthday so we went out for Chinese food and then came home for yummy birthday cake. I had just completed an online class that same day so if was definitely a night of celebrations! We didn't attend our usual Chinese Culture Club celebration this year but enjoyed celebrating with friends and Hannah's classmates instead. Seeing the Beijing Acrobats here in town was also a hit! Hannah and her friend Lia hope to become acrobats someday. When I told Hannah that she would have to train really hard and live with the other acrobats in China - away from her dear mom and dad, she thought that would be okay and added, "I'm Chinese ya know, Mom." Our celebration of the CNY extended beyond the actual new year to include our annual dinner with our friends Dan, Trish, Lia and Chloe. This was the first year Chloe was here to join in on the fun! We wish each of you a Happy Year of the Ox!
We can't believe it's already Chinese New Year again!

Celebrating Mom's birthday and CNY - what a day!

I think I've got the hang of these

Fun with Friends - Ben, Hannah and Micheala
We enjoyed a wonderful Chinese dinner at their house - thanks, Briar and Nate!

Chinese Church Buddies - Ava and Adde

Celebrating CNY with Hannah's Kindergarten Class

Even the lion made an appearance

Two future acrobats enjoying the Beijing acrobat performance

Ava was so happy Chloe's finally here to share the fun

Lia and Hannah sharing their 6th CNY celebration with their dolls

No comments: