Valentine's Day was extra special this year because my younger brother Mark got married! Mark and Mirsada's wedding day was beautiful - just like the happy couple. We had so much fun sharing in their celebration. I was very honored to be a part of their bridal party and relished my role as Maid of Honor - actually I suppose I was a Matron, but who's keeping track?! :-)The day was filled with a mix of Bosnian and American traditions. We had a blast dancing to some Bosnian music at the reception. Bless Mirsada's mom Razija for trying to teach a bunch of Hollanders how to dance Bosnian style. I couldn't help but think of "My Big Fat Greek Wedding." It was awesome to see two cultures come together to celebrate Mark and Mirsada.
Hannah and Ava had a blast at the reception. There were lots of other children there so they enjoyed running and dancing around the dance floor. I was grateful for my wonderful husband and parents who helped watch and entertain the girls while I was often busy with wedding and reception details.
It took me quite awhile to sort through all of the wedding photos. I have finally finished putting together a slide show of Mark and Mirsada's special day. Mark and Mirsada, we love you and are so happy for you! Welcome to our family, Mirsada and Ajla!




No comments:
Post a Comment