Sunday, May 2, 2010

Great is His Faithfulness


Last night, we witnessed this splendid sunset as we drove home. Then, on the way to church this morning, Ava said, "Look, a rainbow." We didn't see it at first and wondered what she was talking about. Suddenly we spotted a gorgeous rainbow in the western sky. I wanted to quick snap a picture (I can carry my new, small camera in my purse for moments like this - very handy), but my very wise 7 year old daughter said I should focus on driving instead. :-) So...I wasn't able to capture it, but we arrived at church safely.

It's amazing how much a beautiful sunset or rainbow can lift your spirits. I was thinking about that as we sang "Great is Thy Faithfulness" at church. As we sang the words, I was thinking about the many ways he has blessed me, not only with beautiful glimpses of His creation, but also with a wonderful family and amazing friends. As we sang the last verse, Hannah reached over and wrapped her arm around me. Throughout the verse and refrain, she hugged me tight and I fought back tears. Yes, Lord, Great is Your faithfulness!

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!

Great is thy faithfulness!
Great is thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed thy hand hath provided;
Great is thy faithfulness, Lord unto me!

No comments: