When their daughter Maria was tragically killed over two years ago, my heart grieved with them. It hit so close to home for me. Seeing pictures of Maria's eyes disappearing when she smiled reminded me so much of Ava. I really wondered if SCC would sing again and if he did, how God was going to use him. Never in a million years could I have fathomed how much God would use their entire family to reach out and share how God is still faithful even when the most horrible thing imaginable happens. God is using Steven to reach out through his singing (I think his newest album Beauty Will Rise is his best yet), He is using Marybeth through her speaking and new book Choosing to SEE, and he is using their sons Caleb and Will Franklin through their musical talents and their band, Caleb.
We decided to surprise Hannah and have me take her to the concert. It was such a magical night and she was sooo surprised. Before the concert, we took part in a question and answer session with Steven and Mary Beth. We sat five rows from the front and were so moved by their responses and encouragement to people in the audience who have also lost children or other loved ones. Their two sons opened the show with their band called Caleb. They were incredible. Hannah and I couldn't take our eyes off Will Franklin on drums - he was so awesome!
When SCC came on stage and performed, it was everything I imagined it would be and more. Hannah was mesmerized. I think she sat on my lap for the entire concert (except when we stood up). Mary Beth also shared excerpts of her book (at some point I will force myself to finish her book no matter how many tears I shed).
It was an unforgettable night for me and Hannah Joy FuLi!

No comments:
Post a Comment