Friday, June 24, 2011

Heritage Camp

This year both girls went to Heritage Camp...and so did I! Ava and her friend Abby were in the preschool class together, which includes children who are internationally adopted or have siblings who are adopted from many different countries around the world. Abby's mom is my friend Kristen N. (not the Kristin who was one of my college roomies). Kristen and her husband are adopting a baby from Korea - YEA!!! While they're waiting for that little one, she and Abby were able to experience Heritage Camp for the first time. Kristen helped in the preschool class, where I also ended up helping for the week. I usually help behind the scenes with the supply team so it was awesome to experience the day-to-day happenings of camp with Ava. What a fabulous week!

Hannah also had an awesome time in 3rd grade China Camp. She reconnected with her friend and pen pal Allie. We were happy to find out that Allie is moving to the area from Florida.

Ava's class included children from Haiti, Russia, Kazakhstan, Guatemala, Columbia, China and the USA - what a group!
Ava and her new friend Ella who is also from China. Turns out Ella's mom and I lived on the same street when I was really little. Amazing! Feel free to start singing "It's a Small World!"
This adorable little boy from Kazakhstan was pretty smitten with Miss Ava. He wanted to be her best friend. The feelings were usually pretty mutual.
Hannah watching one of the special performances. I love the sea of black hair.
Ava and Abby
Abby with her mom Kristen
My friend Kristin's son Joshua who's from Guatemala went to Heritage Camp for the first time and loved it! Joshua's mom was one of my college roomies.
Ella, Ava and Quinn - what adorable kiddos!
Hannah with her friend Allie and some other girls from 3rd grade China Camp
Can you pick out Ava?
The preschool China girls - Julianna, Ava, Ella and Kira
Daddy got to come for the Parade of Nations and program
Can you pick out Hannah?
This one might be a little easier! :-)

No comments: