Thursday, December 1, 2011

Happy Birthday, Hannah!

I can't believe Hannah is nine!? Yes, nine! I think I type something of this sort every year on Hannah's birthday, which was actually Nov. 27. I guess it's because I am always amazed at how quickly our girls grow and change. Despite knowing this and trying to cherish each and every day with our girls, it still catches me off guard. Wasn't it just yesterday that I first held this little baby in my arms and became a mom? Can it really be next year that she'll be hitting double digits? Okay, I think I better move along now or I'm going to need a tissue.

Hannah had a fabulous birthday. She was beyond excited to receive the Nintendo DS that she has been pleading and begging for. She had even saved $100 to put towards purchasing one herself. Thankfully, we, together with her nana and papa, beat her to it and bought one instead. Now she can save her money for something else.

At Thanksgiving, we also celebrated Hannah and Ava's birthdays with both of our extended families. We were thrilled that her cousin Andrew, Aunt Angela, and Uncle Dan could be with us to celebrate this year! The girls celebrated their birthdays with Aunt Diane, who is also born in November, at a hotel with Doug's family. Now we're ready to focus on getting ready for Christmas.








No comments: