Friday, December 2, 2011

Remembering My Dear Grandpa Peter


On Monday morning, November 21, my dear grandpa slipped away to Jesus. I can only imagine that he was welcomed into Heaven hearing "Well done, good and faithful servant." He was an amazing man with a ready smile, quick wit, and often a mischieveous twinkle in his eyes - I loved this about him. He was a farmer, hard worker, singer, poet, orator, cubs fan, reader, and jelly bean giver. More importantly, though, he was a believer. He had a deep faith in Jesus that carried him through his 100 years of life. I will be forever grateful for the legacy he left and for his impact on my life and on the lives of his eight daughters, 30 grandchildren, and 40 great-grandchildren. He will be missed.

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with the perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of our faith. Hebrews 12:1-2a





















No comments: