Wednesday, March 21, 2012

March Madness


This year it seems that March Madness has taken on a new meaning. Basketball has taken a backseat to the summer-like weather we've been enjoying. Well, maybe not a backseat for Doug, but definitely for us girls. It's been crazy, but we're lovin' every minute of it. I don't ever remember having a whole week in March that felt like summer. What a gift! Since spring weather in Michigan is so unpredictable, we've spent plenty of time outside soaking up the sun and enjoying the beautiful signs of spring. After all, it could snow next week. One never knows.

Today it was 85 degrees. IN MARCH. IN MICHIGAN. Seriously. What does one do on a day like today? The answer seemed obvious to me. You head to the beach. That's exactly what we did today after school. Unfortunately, Doug couldn't join us. I guess someone had to work while the ladies of leisure hit the beach. I don't ever remember going in Lake Michigan in March or playing in the sand. We enjoyed every minute of it. Surprisingly, the water wasn't as cold as I would have expected. Hannah even dipped her head in. On the way home we picked up a Scrib's pizza (Doug's favorite) - trying to make up for him not being able to join us. Ice cream cones topped off the day. I will always treasure this magical March day.









No comments: