Friday, May 29, 2009

Family Picnic Fun

While my mom's sisters were together, we had a family picnic on a beautiful Friday evening. It just so happened to be someone special's 7oth birthday as well - can't belive my dad is 70! It was so great to spend some time with my aunt Barb from California, my aunt Jan & uncle Rog who are serving in Thailand, my 97 year old grandpa, and all of my other aunts, uncles and cousins who came. It was the perfect night for a picnic and birthday celebration! All of the kids had a blast playing on the playground and the grownups enjoyed chatting and catching up with one another. We surprised my dad with a special cake that instigated lots of laughs. I still need to add a picture of that once I get one from my mom so you all can have a good laugh too. We still had more celebrating in store for my dad so I'll add that to a different post.

Long live the Tickle Monster!
Uncle Rog and Aunt Jan with Leah

Aunt Marge with the newest member of the family, Brooke

Ava and Ajla...two peas in a pod

Matt, Mark and Ahava

Jen and Ari

Nicole and Hannah

Mark, Mirsada, Ava and Ajla

Sarah and Libby

Grandpa, Mom and Ava

Kristin, Leah and I
Aunt Barb and Grandpa with me and Ava

Jen, Nicole, Mike, Aunt Carol, Uncle Rog and Uncle Jim

Aunt Barb, Aunt Marge, Brooke, Brian, Ava, Mom, Ajla, Mirsada, Dad and Mark

No comments: