Thursday, February 23, 2012
Rethinking Lent
As we enter into this season of Lent, I am choosing a different path than many. Rather than giving up my Diet Coke, creamer or chocolate (although, maybe I should give up these things to better my health), I am trying to focus on a "spring-cleaning for my soul." I am trying to give more time to God and others. I am hoping to spend more time in quiet reflection (which may see like a paradox for me, but I am going to try!!) The inspiration comes through a book called A Clearing Season: Reflections for Lent by Sarah Parsons. My friend Erin told me about this book last year and I made a vow to use it during Lent this year. I'll let you know how it goes. Blessings to each of you as we begin our journey to the cross.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment