Bathtime, bedtime and playtime have been big events for our family during the past few days. It has been so fun watching Ava experience all of these things for the first time with us. She still adores Hannah and the feeling is usually pretty mutual.
Ava wasn't so sure she liked bathtime at first but she has warmed up to the idea. She loves splashing around and playing with the stacking cups in the water. Hannah loves to help wash her hair and body. She has been such a good little helper.
We have been loving bedtime. We just lay Ava down in the crib, she sucks her two left fingers and usually goes to sleep. God must have heard our prayers. :-) It was so different when we got Hannah because she was so used to sleeping with her foster mom.
The first night we had Ava she slept from about 8:45 pm until around 5 am. The past two nights she has slept from 8 pm until about 6. She wakes up once around midnight needing a bottle and then she is good for the rest of the night. I think we're all catching up on our sleep and getting over our jet lag.
Playing with Ava has been so much fun. She loves the plastic keys and dragon fly toy we brought, as well as the sunshine teether and smiley face rattle. It's so fun to see her smile. As you'll see from my next post we have discovered something about Ava's smile.
 |
| First bath in the sink |
 |
| Big sister helping |
 |
| That wasn't so bad |
 |
| Snuggles with Mama |
 |
Falling asleep on the bed with Hannah
|
 |
| I sure love sucking my fingers |
 |
| I like playing with my keys and sunshine rattle |
 |
| Creeping on the bed is fun |
5 comments:
Glad to hear you are all adjusting to be a beautiful family of four! What tender family memories you are creating together during this trip!
What wonderful pictures. I love the blog and feel I am able to, in some way, share this journey with you. Ava is so adorable and she and Hannah just look so cute together. What a lil pupkin
Love Stacy
These pictures are terrific! Your daughters look so right together. I especially love the pictures of Ava with her two fingers in her mouth.
What a precious baby Ava is. Thank God for so many prayer answers. She's happy, she relates to you, she SLEEPS. We are thrilled for you all. The pictures are so precious. I love the 2 fingers in the mouth--just like cousin Kristin did!! My instructions to do this are all in Thai so I hope it will post.
Sheryl and Doug and Hannah,
That little girl of yours is just beautiful. What a smile! I love to see her smiling at Hannah, or in your arms. She is a precious gift of God, and we are so happy to share your joy. Blessings!!
Post a Comment