Thursday, September 4, 2008

Great Nana

My sweet Grandma is slipping away to Jesus. Yesterday the girls and I went to visit her with my dad. I wasn't prepared for what we saw - the change was pretty dramatic. She has been like the Energizer bunny... just going and going despite strokes and even breast cancer at 95. I guess that's why I was surprised when she took such a sudden turn. Ava was kind of scared at first, but eventually she warmed up and was playing on Great Nana's bed. She even gave my grandma sweet kisses when we left. Hannah was a little more hands-on and even helped to give her little spongefuls of water. My dad took the girls for a walk so I could spend some time with my grandma alone. I held her hand and through my tears sang her favorite song "What a Friend We Have in Jesus" and a few others.

On the way home Hannah and I talked about Great Nana dying and going to be with Jesus. Of course I was still shedding tears so Hannah asked why I was crying. I told her that even though I am so happy that my grandma is going to be with Jesus soon I am still sad. Hannah was quiet for a little while and then said, "Mom, I feel sad too." I just love her tender little heart. I am so thankful for the many years we've had with my sweet smiling grandma. Here are a couple pictures from this spring. We love you, Great Nana!


2 comments:

Catherine said...

So sorry to hear about your Grandma taking a turn in her health. It's not easy losing a loved one, but what a comfort we have in knowing that they live with Jesus! s

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetpea,

Just been on your blog to check how your all doing and was saddened to hear about your sweet grandma, I'm hoping and praying her journey to heaven is so very peaceful

Thinking about you and loving you as always

Nicky
xxxxxxxxxxxx