Thursday, September 4, 2008

Lovely Lazy Labor Days

Labor Day weekend seems like a distant memory as I look outside at the rain and cold weather. We had a great weekend spending time relaxing with family and friends. We spent some time at my parent's trailer. The girls love riding around in Papa's golf cart and playing on the playground. The trailer park was celebrating Halloween so Ava and Hannah dressed up as sweet little fairies and got loads of candy, which we're helping them eat. :-) This year the park celebrated Christmas in July, although I think next year they'll go back to the annual tradition of celebrating Christmas during Labor Day weekend. That tradition goes back to when I was a kid and Santa would come across the lake on a pontoon boat. He and his elves were sometimes extremely happy. It wasn't until we were older that we realized why and dubbed him "drunk Santa". Fortunately, now Santa stays on "dry" land (pun intended).

Ava came down with a fever afterwards so we hung out at home the next day. On Monday, Doug and Hannah met his family at Grand Haven for a beautiful day of sunshine, swimming and good food. Ava and I stayed home so she could take a good nap since she hadn't been feeling well the day before. I enjoyed reading a good book while she slept... ah, the peace and quiet was pure bliss! In the evening we spent some time with our friends Marc and Shelly, their family and some other friends. Delicious food and yummy cocktails finished out the weekend.





No comments: