Saturday, November 15, 2008

Ava is Two!

Today we celebrated Ava's 2nd birthday! What a difference from a year ago when she was more interested in eating the wrapping paper, tissue paper and bows. She definitely understood that the presents were for her and was excited to see what each gift was. We celebrated with Doug's family for a combo birthday party since Hannah's and Diane's birthdays are also in November.

Grandpa and Grandma gave the girls a cool tee-pee tent that someone made. They will have lots of fun using that. Ava also got a super fun Fisher Price Little People camping set that her aunts enjoyed unpacking and setting up and a beach chair with its own umbrella - too cute! Hannah was excited to receive a scrapbook with paper and The Apple Dumpling Gang DVD.

For dessert we polished off a Cookies-and-Cream cake from Culver's. Yum! We plan to have our own celebration tomorrow since today was already so busy. I will also add some pictures tomorrow and I would like to try get video of Ava saying "Two!" and trying so hard to hold up her two fingers. :-)

Happy birthday, sweetheart! I can't believe you're two already. I said a prayer of thanks to God for your birth parents... we will be forever grateful to them for the gift of you. Love you to the moon and back! xoxoxox Mommy





1 comment:

Catherine said...

Happy Birthday Ava! Can't believe she is 2 already! What a little blessing she is!