Sunday, May 31, 2009

Just Jazzin' Around

Hannah took a break from ballet this year and tried Jazz with her friend Grace. She loved it and her awesome teacher Miss Lauren! The culmination of their year was a recital on Saturday night. They danced to a peppy song by PureNRG called "When I Get to Heaven." After practicing with Hannah I can't get the song out of my head - it's very catchy. Both Ava and I have also picked up some of the dance moves so the three of us love performing impromptu mini-recitals at home.

The real recital was based on the Lord's Prayer and was very moving. I often had tears in my eyes. I feel so blessed that Hannah is able to dance with a Christian dance academy. I'm hoping she'll dance there again next year, but lately she's been talking about trying gymnastics so we'll have to wait and see.

Hannah's jazz class minus Rupa.

Grace and Hannah and an adoring Ava who wanted to be in the picture too

Flowers and smiles go hand in hand

Hannah's cheering gallery...Grandpa, Grandma, Mom, Ava, Dad, Papa, and Nana

Cool ice cream shirts from Nana and Papa

1 comment:

Catherine said...

How fun! Hannah looks adorable as usual and I'm sure danced beautifully. We have seen Miss Lauren dance at our church, she is amazing!