
On Saturday I wanted to take Hannah to do something special with just the two of us. Orginally I thought we would go and see the movie Up which I've heard is really good. Unfortunately, it's no longer playing in regular theaters by us and has yet to make it to the cheap theater. Instead I took her to get her first real pedicure at a nail salon in the mall. We've been doing pedicures on each other for years but she has never had an authentic pedi. I wish I had my camera with me when she was getting her pedicure...she was like a kid in a candy store. She was so excited! At first I was just going to let her have her toes done while I watched, but in the end the sweet ladies convinced me to get my toes done too and they also did Hannah's nails. I'm so glad they conned me into having my toes done too because it felt great and it was more fun having our toes done together as we sat side by side. I'm not sure what I've started with allowing my 6 year old to get a pedicure, but it was great mother-daughter bonding and totally worth it.

No comments:
Post a Comment