Friday, September 4, 2009

Goodbye Freckles

During the month of August we had a special visitor living at our house...Freckles the bunny. Freckles belongs to Hannah's kindergarten teacher and resides in her classroom during the school year. Once school is out, students take turns bunnysitting. Hannah convinced Doug and I that we should sign up to take care of Freckles. I had no idea what I was getting myself into. For one, I had no idea how much a bunny poops. I couldn't keep up with Freckles. Every time I cleaned the cage it seemed that Freckles delighted in messing it up again. On top of that, it turns out I am allergic to bunnies.

Hannah on the other hand was in bunny heaven. She adored Freckles and loved holding him and letting him hop around our kitchen inside gates. Any time a friend came over, out Freckles came. I think her friends were equally excited that Freckles was temporarily living at our house. During the first week when I discovered I was allergic to Freckles I thought about calling Mrs. J. and trying to find another place for Freckles to hang out, but Hannah was so smitten that I instead called my Dr. and got some allergy medicine. The things we do for our children. :-) Freckles really was a sweet bunny and grew on us all (some of us more than others though).

Our first day with Freckles

Sydney was excited to see Freckles again

Is there any way I can escape?

Lia lovin' on Freckles

Gwyneth taking a turn

Annamarie, Hannah and Ava taking turns

Grace and Hannah on our last morning with Freckles

So long, Freckles

No comments: