I have a lot to catch up on...guess I've been too busy enjoying the final days of summer. Here are some of the fun times we had during the last couple weeks of August.
We gathered with Doug's family to celebrate our twin nieces' birthday. Chelsea and Hillary turned 20 on August 20th so it was their golden birthday. We gave the special gift of gold - food items that have the word gold in the name (Golden Grahams, Rold Gold pretzels, Goldfish crackers, Golden Chocolate Oreos, Golden Raisins, Golden Corn, Golden Butter Crackers, Golden Corn, etc.) We had fun looking for items in the grocery store. We had done this for our nephew Justin so Chels and Hil remined us of that recently...guess they wanted to get their gold items too. :-)
We gathered with Doug's family to celebrate our twin nieces' birthday. Chelsea and Hillary turned 20 on August 20th so it was their golden birthday. We gave the special gift of gold - food items that have the word gold in the name (Golden Grahams, Rold Gold pretzels, Goldfish crackers, Golden Chocolate Oreos, Golden Raisins, Golden Corn, Golden Butter Crackers, Golden Corn, etc.) We had fun looking for items in the grocery store. We had done this for our nephew Justin so Chels and Hil remined us of that recently...guess they wanted to get their gold items too. :-)
The girl cousins goofing around
My dad and mom went to the Danish Festival in Greenville as they do every year. They have lots of great craft booths there so my mom once again picked up doll outfits for each of the girls. When my mom came over to give the girls their outfits, Hannah and Ava put on quite the show for her. Hannah put on green hair and danced around. Ava ran to her room and grabbed the first thing she could find to put on her head - a pair of shorts, then she too had to dance around like Hannah. Monkey see, monkey do!
We went with my mom to visit my almost 98 year old grandpa. He recently moved to a new room so it was nice to visit with him and check out his new digs. We brought popcorn and peanut M&M's along because we know how much he likes them (and we do too!!). I was surprised to see him lounge on his bed with the girls since he usually sits in his chair, but it was so cute to watch them hang out and munch on popcorn together. We also ate lunch together in the nearby lounge. While in the lounge Hannah and Ava played hide-and-seek which delighted "Great Papa." He gets such a kick out of my girls and I love watching him interact with them. He has really aged in recent years (to be expected, I suppose, since he is nearly 98), but he is still so happy and content. What a dear man!




Ava has been asking and asking for me to paint her nails. When I do she usually peels it off within a day or two. The other day she asked for me to paint her nails so I told her I would later. Guess she got tired of waiting...
Ava's marker manicure
Now that summer is almost over...we're sure going to miss sleeping in!



2 comments:
I can relate to the manicure! I have some pictures on our blog of Elyse's fingers and toes. Reid and Sydney gave her a mani and pedi!
What a great big brother and sister!
Post a Comment