Wednesday, December 23, 2009

In Her Daddy's Arms

I love watching Ava and Doug when they're in a pool together. Ava has such faith in her daddy that she'll fearlessly leap into a pool...trusting that her daddy will be there to catch her in his arms - no matter how far away he is or how deep the water is. Once she is safely in his arms, she gleefully grins and excitedly says, "more again!" and away they go to do it again and again.



This is a perfect analogy for my relationship with my Heavenly Father. No matter what happens, no matter where I go, or how deep the waters get, I can always trust that my Father will be there helping me. I can fearlessly leap into His arms...just wish I was always as fearless as Ava is when jumping into Doug's arms. :-) As I'm typing this, Selah's version of Hiding Place started playing on the cd player. Seems so fitting that I'll end with those words...

You are my hiding place
You always fill my heart
With songs of deliverance
Whenever I am afraid
I will trust in You

I will trust in You
Let the weak say
I am strong
In the strength of the Lord

No comments: