Monday, October 12, 2009

Home, Sweet Home!!!

It feels so wonderful to be home! I got the green light this afternoon and couldn't get home soon enough. I think a week's stay in the hospital was long enough.

My surgery ended up being more extensive than planned, which required the extended hospital stay. After trying to do my surgery laparoscopically, my doctor needed to do a laparotomy instead. Once they preformed the intended surgery, they explored and discovered I also had a cyst on the lower part of my colon that needed to be removed.

All in all, I lost my appendix, a cyst/tumor on my appendix, my cecum, my illeum (which they redid), numerous lymph nodes, another cyst, and two separate sections of my colon. No wonder my colon was so stubborn and wouldn't start working until yesterday.

We are so grateful to God, that despite the suspicion of cancer, not a SINGLE pathology sample came back showing any sign of malignancy. I am overwhlemed with relief and joy. We keep saying over and over again... "Thank you Jesus, thank you Jesus."

Soon enough I will be able to get back to a busy and rich life with Doug and our girls. Until then, I'm going to savor lots of hugs and cuddles, and enjoy some quieter moments.

Thanks again for all the ways that you have supported us - through your thoughts & prayers, cards, flowers, extra lovin', meals, visits, magazines, help with the girls, and other gifts of love. We have felt surrounded by the body of Christ. Love and hugs to each of you.

2 comments:

Renee said...

Praise God!!! We are so happy to hear you had a good outcome. We will continue to pray for your quick recovery.

Anonymous said...

Sheryl,

So glad that He was close to you throughout this, and that you have had such a good outcome!

Miska