Friday, October 30, 2009

Fall Fun

Although our October was far from typical, we were still able to have fun and enjoy special times together as a family. Some of our annual traditions will have to wait until next fall, but even the little things like laying in leaves together and taking short walks became treasured moments. The things I missed the most while being in the hospital were these beautiful faces...




Hannah took part in a running event at her school. The kids ran laps around the school to help raise money for school expenses. I was glad my dad was able to drive me there so I could watch from his vehicle. Hannah didn't know I was coming so the look on her face when she saw me was priceless. She ended up running 11 laps in 30 minutes. Way to go, Hannah!



I was so grateful for all the help my parents were able to provide - especially taking care of Ava so I could rest and recover. Ava and I would spend some time together in the morning and then we would call "Papa" to come and pick up Ava. Ava was always happy to go to "Papa and Nana's housh." Here she is all packed up and ready to go!

Even though I couldn't help with raking and our walks had to be short, we still savored the beautiful sights and sounds of fall. I just love the crunch of leaves when you walk through them or dive into big piles of them.




Our niece Ajla turned 3 and hosted the girls for a princess party. Ava loved dressing up as a princess and Hannah needed a little coaxing (can she really have outgrown the princess stage already?), but in the end she wore her Mulan dress - yes, Mulan can be a princess too.


Hannah happily sang and signed "Thy Word" with a group of girls at church. Unfortunately, it was on one of my first Sundays at home and I wasn't able to go to church yet. Instead, I had to settle for this picture and a private performance in our living room. I heard that Hannah and the girls did such a beautiful job praising God with their music that many people were moved to tears. We are so thankful, Hannah, that you are able to use your gifts to glorify God!


On a gorgeous fall day, Ava and I went to a nearby apple orchard with my mom. We enjoyed a delicious lunch, complete with fresh apple cider, and then we spent a little time outside where Ava loved going down a slide again and again. We got some apples and cider to take home with us...oh, and some delicious pumpkin donuts. It felt great to venture out and savor the beautiful weather, but I was glad to be able to take a nice long nap in the afternoon.




Our niece Taylor ran in our state's Cross Country Regionals and since this is her last year in high school and her last time running, we braved the cold and rain to watch her run. She was disappointed in her finishing time, but we thought she ran awesome. Hannah has always looked up to Taylor so she was excited to watch her compete.


No comments: