The funniest thing at the zoo was when I used the Vocal Zoo application on my iPod to communicate with two peacocks that were strutting around the zoo. Vocal Zoo includes different animal sounds. I remembered there was a peacock sound, so I thought I'd try it out. When I would press the button you could hear the plaintive wail of a peacock (it's a very unique and somewhat eerie sound). Every time I pressed the button, the male peacock would look over at me and start to move my way. After pressing the button a few times, I realized that I had no idea if the Vocal Zoo peacock was emitting a cry for help or a mating call. I put the iPod in my purse and moved away...just in case.
After the zoo, we headed to the Embassy Suites in Lombard (thanks for introducing us to this hotel, Karen and Al). We love it...even more since we were upgraded to an enormous suite this time (one of the only perks of having a husband who often travels for work)! The suite was huge - we could have held a party. I guess we did. A party for four!

No comments:
Post a Comment